K + M had a beautiful, intimate NYE wedding at a family home in Maple Bay. They are moving to New Zealand in the coming months for work, and wanted to get married before they moved. They knew it would likely be at least a few years before they got back to BC and figured, why wait?!
A big highlight, and a very important part of the wedding and planning for them, was the delicious meal they, along with friends who have worked in restaurants including Rebar Modern Food, Brasserie L'Ecole, Nourish, and Wildfire Bakery, prepared for their guests. It was truly outstanding. Their ceremony was short, sweet and filled with love. They rang in the new year with a dance party went late into the night. Even their dog was there to celebrate the event, and cooperated very well for photographs! It was a delight to be part of their special day.
Below are a few of my favourites from the day.
- Bouquet, Boutonnieres, bulk flowers for floral crowns: Poppies Floral Art
- Floral Crowns arranged by bride's aunt
- Hair: The Hive
- Menswear: Outlooks for Men
- Dress: Blush Bridal Boutique
- Chairs, tablecloths, plates, cutlery, glasses: Special Occasions
- Baguettes, Stollen: Fol Epi Bakery
- Cookies: Pure Vanilla Bakery
- Food: Elvis Osland, Sergio Hernandez, Stephanie Thompson, Kate Fryer and Martin Gilbert
- Venue: Groom's family home
- Phototgraphy: ME! Spark and Whimsy Photography