Last spring, I hired Jen Steele Photography to make a short promotional video for my photography business. Together, Jen and I talked about the elements we'd like to feature in the video, and decided to plan a styled shoot to best capture them. I knew I wanted to plan something that was gorgeous and insanely beautiful, and we decided that a 1950s-inspired Italian elopement wedding would fit this description.
The Villa Marco Polo Inn is a luxury bed and breakfast tucked away in the elegant Rockland neighborhood of Victoria with a classic Italiante garden that evokes images of Tuscany and Umbria. It was the perfect option in keeping with the theme and style of the shoot. I was inspired by the classic glamour of the 1950s and incorporated some key items into the shoot to reflect the period - a birdcage veil, lace gloves, winged eyeliner, and horn-rimmed glasses to name a few.
The stationary, with it's gorgeous floral print and beautiful script, the naked cake with floral accents, and the flowers in a soft colour palate with pops of the Pantone colour of 2015, Masala, invoked a feeling of classic elegance with a modern twist. The beautiful blush wedding dress with beaded bodice, the short white reception dress, as well as the navy blue suit and tan shoes, all had a lovely vintage feel. A beautiful lace arbour provided the perfect backdrop for the ceremony, and vintage chairs and china complemented the table setting. A red Vespa scooter whisked the couple away after the reception before they collapsed with a glass of prosecco after their big day.
I LOVE weddings, and I'd truly love to help document yours. I have bookings available for 2016 and 2017. Call me at 778-677-2789 or email me at email@example.com to book your complimentary consultation and chat about what you have in mind for your big day.
Thanks for checking me out!
This was truly a group effort. I couldn't have done it without the support of these amazing local wedding professionals. Check them out too. They're the best!
- Photography: Spark & Whimsy Photography - http://sparkandwhimsy.com/
- Videography: Jen Steele Photography - http://jensteele.com/
- Assistant: Geoff Robson/Lensflare Photography - http://lensflarephotography.ca/
- Venue: Villa Marco Polo Inn - http://villamarcopoloweddings.com/
- Dress: Blush Bridal Boutique - http://www.blushvictoria.com/
- Menswear: Outlooks for Men - http://www.outlooksformen.com/
- Hair and Makeup: Sharon Rai Hair and Makeup Artistry - http://www.sharonrai.com/
- Flowers: Platinum Floral Designs - http://www.platinumfloraldesigns.com/
- Decor and Tablescape: Designer Weddings - http://designerweddingsvictoria.com/
- Stationary: Tuktu Paper Co. - http://www.tuktupaperco.com/
- Models: Anika and Arlen from Coultish Management - http://www.barbaracoultish.ca/
- Cake: Ruth & Dean Baked Goods - http://www.ruthanddean.com/
- Glasses: Goo Goo Goggles - http://www.googoogogglesoptical.com/